Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Getting Serious about our meet ups

Hello InstaSistas!

OK, So in order to make these events happen we have to plan ahead and find a restaurant/venue that can accommodate us.  In order to do this I have to have a head count so I know what I am working with and chances are I am going to be asked to put down a deposit to hold the space.

At our very first meet up we lucked out that I was able to find a place where we could each walk up to order/pay for our meals.  As well as I showed up early to save all our tables but this won't always be the case and is actually harder to do.  I want to keep these meet ups going but I will need y'all to help in responding as early as possible as to whether you are in or you are out.  I know we all have busy lives and so we all won't be able to attend every meet up.  But, I'm hoping if we give you at the very least a month's notice you can book the day with us or let us know you are out.

The other option is to possibly limit the gatherings to a set number of attendees according to our venue so it would be first come first signed up type of deal.  As you all probably know getting a restaurant to accommodate a big group takes work and I'm happy to do the work if we are all serious about these meet ups.  But, I can't wait till the last minute to book a place and won't and if it gets too stressful and turns out to be more work then fun then the meet ups could dissolve.

So, with that said I need RSVP's for the Saturday Nov 2nd  Lunch and Ornament Exchange Meet up due to me by Monday Oct 14th.  At that time I will close the sign ups and focus our efforts on finding a location for our lunch/ornament exchange meet up.  I hope you understand, I would love for as many to come as possible but putting a set date will help in the planning.  Thanks!!


***At this time we will be looking for venues located on the North side of Houston.  I don't want to disappoint those in other parts of Houston but since the organizers are all located on the North side it is easier for us to make all the arrangements and visit restaurants to book etc.   We will have some special out of town meet ups between Houston and Austin since that is where some of the interested group are also located.***

You can always email me at nct621 at hotmail dot com if you do not want to leave a comment here.

13 comments:

  1. Are we looking at a lunch party or dinner party? If it's is later in the afternoon, I'm IN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie it will be a lunch gathering and so updated the post to call that out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm always up for some fun! Add me to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to double check, but I should be able to mk it! Also - wanna mk the blog an FB group instead, I'm more apt to see it there kwim? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, this is so sweet of you to organize this!! Sounds like such a blast! And thank you for including me. My daughter has her first cheer competition that day, we'll well of a parent show. I will definitely come if we are done by lunch time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So come to find out my daughters competition is Sunday so I'm good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you pencil me in...saturdays are so tough for me, especially with the craziness of caterings and pies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I plan to be there! Pencil me in please!!

    ReplyDelete